Zühlke provides the website and the blog (collectively referred to as "website") of the Zühlke Group under the web address https://www.zuehlke.com. The main purpose of the website is to provide information about Zühlke products and services and about Zühlke as an employer. In addition, Zühlke contact details are provided.
II. Name and contact details of the data controller
1) Zühlke is responsible for processing your personal data. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), responsibility for processing your personal data rests with the Zühlke Group company that processes your personal data via its services or via its communication with you and decides on the purposes and means of this data processing.
The following companies are part of the Zühlke Group:
- Zühlke Engineering AG, Zürcherstrasse 39J, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
- Zühlke Engineering GmbH, Düsseldorfer Str. 38, 65760 Eschborn, Germany
- Zühlke Engineering (Austria) GmbH, Rivergate, Handelskai 92, 1200 Vienna, Austria
- Zuhlke Engineering Ltd, 80 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3JL, United Kingdom
- Zuhlke Engineering d.o.o., Bulevar Milutina Milankovića 1ž, 11070 Belgrad, Serbia
- Zuhlke Engineering Pte Ltd, 140 Robinson Road #04-01, Singapore 068907, Singapore
- Zuhlke Engineering Hong Kong Ltd, 511 Queen’s Road West, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
- Цюлке Инженеринг EООД – Zuhlke Engineering EOOD, Studentski District, 83 Nikola Gabrovski str., floor 5, Sofia, Bulgaria
2) Contact details of the controller’s data protection officer
Zühlke Engineering GmbH, Data Protection Office, Düsseldorfer Str. 38, 65760 Eschborn, Germany; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
III. BASIS OF DATA PROCESSING
Zühlke processes your personal data based on various principles:
- To safeguard Zühlke's legitimate interests (the legal basis under GDPR – where applicable – is section 6 para. 1 f). If you have any questions, please get in touch with the relevant contact referred to above;
- To meet legal obligations (the legal basis under GDPR – where applicable – is section 6 para. 1 c);
- Based on the user's express consent, insofar as this is legally required (the legal basis under GDPR – where applicable – is section 6 para. 1 a).
IV. PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
Zühlke processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate news and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- For the safe and stable operation of this website;
- To improve the services offer.
V. COLLECTION, STORAGE AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. When visiting the website
When you visit our website, your browser automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is logged without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- name of the page or file you accessed;
- date and time of the access;
- transferred data volume;
- indication whether the request was successful;
- description of the web browser used;
- operating system used;
- page visited previously;
- your IP address.
We process these data for the following purposes:
- To ensure smooth website connection;
- to ensure user-friendly interaction with our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability; and
- other administrative purposes.
2. When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. In order for us to reply, it is necessary for you to provide your name (surname and first name), contact details (email address) and a message. The provision of further information is optional. Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact is based on GDPR section 6 para. 1 b and your specific request.
3. When registering for our newsletter
Our website offers a newsletter subscription option. We use the newsletter to inform you about offers that may be of interest to you.
The registration to our newsletter is based on the double-opt-in procedure. This means that, after your initial registration, we will send a message to the email address you provided. The message will ask you to confirm your email address. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, the information you provided will be locked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition to the email address you provide, we also store your IP address and the times of your registration and confirmation for the purpose of verifying your registration, in order to prevent possible misuse of your personal data.
The legal basis for data processing within the scope of the GDPR is your consent based on section 6 para. 1 a. You can revoke this consent at any time (and with effect for the future) by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
4. For user-generated content/blogs
We also offer services on our website where you can publish information which is then available to other website visitors (e.g. discussion forums and blog comments). If you use these services, basic information that identifies you as a user will be made available to other visitors of the respective web page, together with the information you posted. This concerns information provided voluntarily by you, e.g. your name or a pseudonym (nickname) and other information, if applicable. You decide which data you want to disclose.
In addition to your name and posted content, we receive information about your IP address and your email address.
The legal basis for processing your personal data within the scope of the GDPR is the protection of Zühlke's legitimate interests (section 6 para. 1 f). Our legitimate interest here is to enable you to participate in forums and/or blogs and to evaluate the respective interests in forums and/or blogs to improve our services and offers.
1. Necessary cookies
2. Additional cookies
In addition, we use the following cookies to understand how you use our services and to be able to present you with other marketing offers that may be of interest to you. The cookies described below are only used if you have given your prior consent (within the scope of the GDPR in accordance with section 6 para. 1 a).
2.1. Use of Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager. This is a management system that allows us to integrate the other services shown below into our website. Google Tag Manager itself does not process any personal data. This is only done through the Google services described below and in the manner described there.
2.2. Use of Google Analytics
2.3. Use of Google Ads Conversion and remarketing
We use Google Ads Conversion from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, to draw attention to our attractive offers by means of advertising material (Google Ads) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are by analysing the advertising campaign data. In doing so, we pursue the interest of displaying advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs. These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called ad servers. For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, which can be used to measure success through certain parameters, such as the display of ads or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie on your device. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally.
For this cookie, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (indication that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values. These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads client's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, Google and the client may recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page. Each Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data within the context of the advertising measures referred to above. We only receive statistical analyses from Google. These analyses enable us to identify which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising material: in particular, we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge. Through the integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with one of Google's services, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will be able to identify and store your IP address.
We also use Google Ads remarketing. The remarketing feature enables us to present users of our website adverts based on their interests on other websites within the Google advertising network (in Google search or on YouTube, so-called "Google ads" or on other websites). For this purpose, the user interaction on our website is analysed, e.g. which offers the user was interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to the users on other pages even after they have left our website. Google does this by storing a number in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google display network. This number, known as a "cookie", is used to record the visits of these users.
The number is used to uniquely identify a web browser on a specific end device and not to identify a person; no personal data is stored.
You can prevent participation in these tracking procedures in various ways:
- a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies, so that you do not receive any third-party ads;
- b) by installing the plugin provided by Google under the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin;
- c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads" via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices; this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
- d) by permanently disabling it in your browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) by clicking the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin;
- e) by means of appropriate cookie settings; f) by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie is then set to prevent further collection of your information when you visit this website. Please note that in this case some features of our website may become unavailable.
Further information on data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. The legal basis for this use is your consent (within the scope of GDPR section 6 para. 1 a).
2.4. Use of Facebook pixels
Our website also uses the remarketing function "Custom Audiences" from Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook“). This enables users of the website to be presented with interest-related advertisements ("Facebook ads") when they visit the Facebook or other websites that also use the procedure. In this way we pursue the interest to show you advertisements that will appeal to you in order to make our website more interesting for you. Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge. Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have called up the corresponding page of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered for one of Facebook's services, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will be able to identify and store your IP address and other identification features. The function "Facebook Custom Audiences" can be disabled here. Logged-in users can do this by clicking on https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_. The legal basis for this processing is your consent (within the scope of GDPR section 6 para. 1 a). Further information on data processing by Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
2.5. Use of LinkedIn Insight
Our website uses LinkedIn Insight tag, an analysis and tracking tool from LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. LinkedIn Insight tag allows us to collect information about visits to our website, including URL, referrer URL, IP address, device and browser characteristics, timestamps and page views. This data is encrypted, anonymised within seven days and the anonymised data is deleted within 90 days. LinkedIn does not share any personally identifiable information with us, but only provides aggregate reports about the site's audience and ad performance.
LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, which allows us to use this data to display targeted advertising outside our website without identifying the member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for promotional purposes in their account settings. We use the LinkedIn Insight tag for the purpose of providing detailed campaign reporting and information about visitors to our website and thus our advertising and marketing interests. As a LinkedIn marketing solutions customer, we use the LinkedIn Insight tag to track conversions, retarget our site visitors, and gather additional information about the LinkedIn members who view our ads. The LinkedIn Insight tag feature can be disabled here if you have logged in.
If you are a LinkedIn member and do not want LinkedIn to collect information about you through our website and link it to your membership information held by LinkedIn, you must log out of LinkedIn before visiting our website. You can also prevent participation in these tracking procedures by adjusting your browser software accordingly. By changing the settings in your internet browser, you can disable or restrict the execution of Java Script and thus prevent storage of data. Please note that in this case some of the features of our website may no longer be available. To prevent the execution of Java Script code altogether, you can install a Java Script blocker, such as the NoScript browser plugin (e.g. https://noscript.net/ or https://www.ghostery.com/). The legal basis for this processing is your consent (within the scope of GDPR section 6 para. 1 a). For further information on data processing by LinkedIn, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
2.6. Use of Hotjar
Furthermore, our website uses the Hotjar analysis service of Hotjar Ltd., Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta ("Hotjar").
Hotjar allows us to track your actions when you visit our website by creating so-called heat maps. For example, this will show us how far you have scrolled through our site and which fields you have clicked on. Hotjar also allows us to receive direct feedback from you about your use of the website. By using Hotjar, the website becomes more user-friendly and easier to use. For this purpose your IP address, technical specifications of your device, its geographical location and the language you set in your browser can be processed.
The legal basis for this processing is your consent (within the scope of DSGVO section 6 para. 1 a). You can revoke your consent with effect for the future by clicking on link: [link]
Alternatively, you can stop data processing by Hotjar at any time by visiting the web page https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out/ and disabling the Hotjar functionality there.
For more information about Hotjar, please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
2.7. Use of YouTube
Our website contains embedded YouTube videos. These videos are stored at https://www.youtube.com. They are displayed directly on our website by means of framing technology. Embedding takes place in extended privacy mode, which means none of your data is transferred to YouTube before you have given your consent by playing the video. Once you play a video, data is transmitted to YouTube, a company of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We have no influence on this data transmission. The transferred data includes the fact that you visited the corresponding page of our portal. In addition, your IP address, date and time of the request, time zone, content of the request, access status, the amount of data transferred, the browser you were using and the type and version of your operating system will be transmitted.
This transmission takes place regardless of whether you have a YouTube account or not. If you are logged into a Google user account, your data will be assigned to this account immediately. If you want to avoid this, you must log out of your user account before playing the video. The data transmitted to YouTube is stored by YouTube in the form of user profiles and used for advertising and market research purposes as well as for personalised display of its website. Based on this analysis, YouTube can generate demand-optimised advertising (even for users who are not logged in) and inform other YouTube users about your visit to our portal. You may object to the creation of these user profiles. To do this, you need to contact YouTube.
Further information about data processing by YouTube, your rights and the options for setting your data protection settings can be found at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy, where you can also change your settings. Google also processes personal data in the USA. Google has signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield for this purpose: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis is your consent in accordance with GDPR section 6 para. 1 a.
We also use plugins from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest or Instagram on our websites. You can see this in each case (typically via corresponding symbols). We have configured these elements to be disabled by default. If you enable them (by clicking), the operators of the respective social networks can register that you are on our website (and where) and can use this information for their purposes. The processing of your personal data is then carried out under the responsibility of the respective operator in accordance with their data protection regulations. We do not receive any information about you from them.
2.9. SalesViewer® technology
The SalesViewer® technology of SalesViewer® GmbH is used on this website to collect and store data for marketing, market research and optimisation purposes, based on our legitimate interest. The legal basis is GDPR section 6 para. 1 f.
A Java Script-based code is used for this purpose, which serves to collect company-related data and the corresponding use. The data collected with this technology is encrypted using a non-reversible one-way function (referred to as hashing). The data is immediately pseudonymised and is not used to personally identify the website visitor.
You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time and with effect for the future by visiting https://www.salesviewer.com/en/opt-out and clicking the DEACTIVATE TRACKING button. As a result, an opt-out cookie is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in your browser, you have to click this link/button again.
VII. YOUR RIGHTS
In connection with the processing of your personal data, you are entitled by law to various rights, but please note that their existence and scope may vary depending on the applicable data protection legislation:
- Information: You have the right to ask Zühlke which, if any, of your personal data it processes. If required, please submit a request for information.
- Rectification: Should your personal data be incorrect, you have a legal right to its correction.
- Withdrawal of consent: As a rule, processing of your personal data is not based on your consent, which is separate from the contractual relationship. If this should nevertheless be the case in exceptional cases, you can revoke your consent at any time. The revocation is only valid for the future and does not affect any other basis for data processing.
- Objection: Insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on the legitimate interest of Zühlke, you may object to the use of your personal data. However, this is only the case if you are in such a special situation that your personal interest is in conflict with the use of your personal data. Here too, Zühlke reserves the right to provide compelling, overriding reasons. Furthermore, you may at any time object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Processing based on other factors remains unaffected by the objection.
- Restriction: Under certain circumstances, you may request that the processing of your data be restricted. This may be the case if you doubt the accuracy of your data. Please note that any processing restriction may limit the scope of our services or make the service unavailable.
- Data portability: If provided for under applicable data protection law, you may request the personal data you have provided us with in the form required by law and - subject to important conflicting interests - continue to use it.
- Right of deletion: See section X below.
- Complaints: Depending on the applicable data protection legislation, you may have a legal right of appeal to the relevant data protection authority; if processing takes place within the EU, this right may extend to the EU.
VIII. OTHER RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When processing your personal data, Zühlke may use third parties (principally within the Zühlke Group) to carry out the data processing on behalf of Zühlke. In particular, this may be the case for handling commercial and administrative services and in connection with IT services. Your privacy is always ensured.
Please note that the passing on of anonymised data remains possible regardless of the above.
IX. PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
As a rule, your personal data is processed in Switzerland. If your personal data is disclosed abroad, this will only take place in countries that have a recognised equivalent data protection standard or where specific guarantees have been given.
In particular, you should expect your data to be transferred to all countries in which the Zühlke Group is represented by Group companies (see section II) and to other countries in Europe and the USA where the service providers we use are located (see section VI.2).
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the relevant contact referred to above.
X. STORAGE DURATION / DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
As a rule, we delete your data from the time at which the purpose for processing no longer applies. In the event of an objection to processing on the basis of a legitimate interest or consent, we will delete your data from this point in time, unless another permission for processing continues to exist, for example in the case of legal storage obligations, a legitimate interest to enforce our own legal positions, etc.