Innovation Talks @ Zuhlke
New business models and opportunities are emerging in financial services, and these are underpinned by new principles of openness, flexibility, and agility. As we see more traditional institutions opening up, what are the opportunities and challenges for strategic partnerships in the open banking ecosystem to create new offerings as well as open up new, scalable revenue streams? How can banks, fintech start-ups, and ecosystem partners foster a collaborative mindset and seize this opportunity to build the next generation business models and attractive value propositions through successful alliances?
A community event of StartmeupHK Festival 2020 - an initiative by InvestHK, join Fintechs, banking experts, innovation partners and technology enablers at this live virtual panel hosted by Zuhlke Engineering. This webinar is intended to provide business leaders and ecosystem players in the financial sector with a perspective on the evolving open banking situation and discuss how they can rethink business models and strategies, accelerate innovation between ecosystem partners, and leverage on strategic partnerships and collaborations to deliver more valuable and scalable services.
On this panel discussion, we took in questions from the audience and discussed topics around:
- State of open banking in Asia
- What are the partnership and collaboration opportunities in the ecosystem?
- How are players working together to tackle challenges in the sector?
- Expert insights, solutions, and experience on accelerating innovation in the open banking ecosystem
- Jason O'Shaughnessy, Senior VP of Sales at Salt Edge, a provider of open banking solutions for banks, Fintechs, lenders and other financial institutions
- Marie Steinthaler, VP APAC for TrueLayer, open banking API provider based in the UK
- Ankit Suri, CEO and Founder at Planto, Fintech based in Hong Kong
Julie Pourtois joined Zuhlke in 2020, heading the Business Development team in Hong Kong. Bringing with her over 15 years of experience in the tech industry, Julie oversees Zuhlke’s market positioning and customer portfolio across regional markets and industries in Asia. Julie strives to positively impact and uplift organisations, teams, and the larger communities she engages actively with.
Anja Baer oversees the banking business at Zühlke in her role as a Business Development & Solution Manager. She has extensive experience in managing large transformation projects. Prior to joining Zühlke, Anja has worked in the banking sector, in both Asia and Europe, and also founded a company following her passion for innovation in finance and technology. Anja holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International Management.