Zühlke AWS Well-Architected Reviews
Optimise and align your workloads with best practises
As a part of our ever-evolving Cloud Consultancy offering, we are very excited now to be able to offer our clients the AWS Well-Architected Reviews.
As the complexity of your Cloud Footprint grows, the challenge of ensuring optimal use and performance of cloud re-sources grows with it. This is where the AWS Well-Architected review comes to your aid.
Our experienced Cloud Architects stand ready to help to take you through the tried and tested optimisation review that AWS has been developing for nearly a decade. The review evaluates your workloads against five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Review:
- Operational Excellence – Running and monitoring systems
- Security – Protecting systems, assets and information
- Reliability – Preventing and quickly recovering from failures
- Performance Efficiency – Using Cloud resources efficiently
- Cost Optimisation – Avoid and eliminate waste
Outcome & benefits
Once completed our Architects will report on the findings and work closely with you in assessing their impact on your business and what the best remediation steps are.
- Detailed and actionable findings on performance improvements, security gaps and potential wastage
- Neutral, outside assessment of the health and any risks facing your workloads
Detailed understanding your alignment to best practises, both organisational and technical
- Initial meeting to gain an overview of the workload(s) in scope, identify stakeholders, agree on the review process and sharing any documentation that may be helpful to study ahead of the review itself.
- Day of review
- Two Zühlke reviewers work 4-5 hours in total together with your Workload Architect & Project Manager (or equivalent subject matter experts from your side).
- Findings and notes are captured in the AWS Well-Architected tool.
- At the end we agree on a date for reviewing the final report.
- Post review (ideally within 2-3 days)
- Scrutinize findings and create report & recommendations to share with you.
- Meet to walk through the report and recommendations.
AWS Well-Architected reviews are free of charge to our clients and additionally AWS (in most instances) offers 5000 USD worth of platform credits if 25% of the identified issues are resolved within 30 days of the review.
As Director Business Development, Jörg Sitte is responsible for business development in the mechanical/plant engineering and MedTech sectors in Southern Germany. He is intensively involved in IoT and digitalisation projects as well as all the disciplines required for these projects, such as software (embedded, cloud and apps), electronics, sensor technology and mechanics/construction. He is convinced that the competitiveness of companies is increasingly determined by a successful digitalisation strategy.
Brewster Barclay has a long history developing and selling innovative software and hardware solutions in the electronics and Internet industries, including running a start-up for 6 years. He is dedicated to helping customers create innovative solutions in healthcare and has shown this outside of his Zühlke responsibilities in his frequent mentoring of e-health and medtech startups.
Bernhard A. Zimmermann
As Director Business Development, Bernhard A. Zimmermann is responsible for the sales agendas for Zühlke in Austria and is co-owner of the Swiss Zühlke Technology Group AG. He holds three Masters in computer science. In his more than 20-year career, he has been working as department head for enterprise security consulting at Unisys and as a sales specialist and sales manager at Microsoft.
Kiky Shannon is passionate about developing trusting relationships with customers and partners, accomplished through innovative problem-solving. In the last 20 years, he has gained extensive experience and valuable insights through various roles, from Software Engineer to Integration Manager and Solution Sales. At Zühlke, his focus is now on driving business development for the Singapore market. As a learning enthusiast, he is mindfully keeping a balance between building business and being an engineer at heart.
Connie oversees the Insurance and other key business verticals in Hong Kong. She has over 10 years of experience working in both Finance and IT industry, supporting a wide range of organisations including Fortune 500 clients. With that, she has gained extensive insight into how enterprises can create better business outcomes with digital innovation. Connie is also active in foundations supporting initiatives on women leadership and women in IT.