SAFe 5.1 DevOps (SDP)
Enabling Release on demand for the Lean Enterprise with a SAFe DevOps Practitioner Certification.
Subjects that will be discussed:
- Introduction to DevOps (SAFe)
- Overview of DevOps competencies
- Acceleration of the time to market
This course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
The following will benefit from this course:
- IT Management
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
This course is also ideal for those not working in an environment based on SAFe principles.
The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam (examination fee is included in course price). For more information on the SAFe certification exam please visit the Scaled Agile Website.
Ask for a corporate course
You would like to attend this course from another place or at another time? We organise online courses on request, contact us to find out more.Ask for a course
Show interest in a public course
No public classes available or none of the available dates are convenient for you? Get in touch with us to stay informed about future classes.Show interest