SAFe 5.0 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
Delivering customer value through effective execution and coordination of program increments in the enterprise.
Subjects that will be discussed:
- Introduction to SAFe PM/PO
- Adopt the Lean Agile mindset
- The roles of product manager and product owner in detail
watch the 1-Minute Trailer:
In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
The following individuals will benefit from this course: Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, Business Analysts, Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, Process Leads, Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects.
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the SAFe POPM certification exam:
- Leading SAFe
- and/or Leading SAFe Live Lessons
- and/or experience working with agile teams as Product Owner or Scrum Master.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) (examination fee is included in course price). For more information on the SAFe certification exam please visit the Scaled Agile Website.
Ask for a corporate course
You would like to attend this course from another place or at another time? We organise online courses on request, contact us to find out more.Ask for a course
Show interest in a public course
No public classes available or none of the available dates are convenient for you? Get in touch with us to stay informed about future classes.Show interest