Nespresso-Development of a new milk frother for the world market
Zühlke quickly develops a new electrical appliance for heating up and frothing milk. By this way the „Aeroccino” comes on the world market on schedule.
- A new device for heating and frothing milk is to be developed
- Successful use of new technologies thanks to the broad know-how of Zühlke engineers
- Cost savings and short development time through risk-driven, phased development
Nespresso develops and distributes high-end coffee machines, which are compatible with the Nespresso coffee capsules. New equipment for heating up and frothing milk will complete the existing product range. The goals of the new development are:
- Heating the milk/froth generation without steam
- Heating and frothing time is equal to the coffee preparation time
- One button operation
- Fulfilment of high safety standards
- Project responsibility from the concept phase to the delivery at the manufacturers
- Adherence to the tight schedule for the introduction into the market
Zühlke developed this consumer product from concept to start of production. The drive mechanism of the agitator is handled by a magnetic clutch. A newly patented thick film technology with integrated temperature monitoring ensures the adherence to the high safety requirements.