This four-day training prepares you to execute an agile transformation with the effective use of the Scaled Agile Framework. You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe. This includes using SAFe courseware to deliver training, coach teams, and launch Agile release trains, as well as build and manage the Agile portfolio.
The first two days of the course - Leading SAFe - include the basic concepts needed to train others in SAFe. If you become certified, you will be qualified to teach the Leading SAFe training. The following two days are dedicated exclusively to the introduction and implementation of SAFe.
Leading SAFe - Days 1 and 2
- Introduction of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Building teams and technical agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Release on Demand and DevOps
- Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe - Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the SAFe Implementation
- Start an Agile Release Train (ART)
- Coach the ART execution
- Extend the SAFe implementation to the portfolio level
- Maintain and improve the SAFe implementation
- Become a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Primarily, Implementing SAFe training aims to enable participants to drive a SAFe transformation in the organization, ie:
- Plan a SAFe implementation
- Design the transformation roadmap
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
- Support the organization through change management practices
- Support the transformation within the organization through training and coaching.
Specifically, this means:
- Lead a Lean-Agile transformation across the organization
- Introduce SAFe
- Establish and manage a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization around a common language and way of working
- Identify value streams in the organization
- Cut and launch Agile release trains
- Develop and execute implementation rollout strategies
- Configure SAFe for their unique business context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe
- Be able to train other SAFe roles in the organization and drive the SAFe Journey forward
- The certification takes place after the training with a successfully completed online test.
- To register for the online test, the respective e-mail address of the course participant is required. This will be requested with the participant list before the training.
- Activation or admission to the online test usually takes place on the last day of training.
- Participants will receive their access data to the SAFe Community Platform of Scaled Agile, Inc. based in Boulder (USA) as well as to the online exam via email.
- Participants can take the online exam for certification within 30 days.
- The exam consists of 60 questions in English (multiple choice), which must be answered within a time window of 120 minutes (2h).
- After passing the exam, the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certificate will be made available for download in the participant's personal user profile.
- By obtaining the SPC certification, participants are authorized to license SAFe training materials themselves and to conduct SAFe training courses.
- The certification is optional for participants.