Communication for successful product owners
How can I positively influence collaboration through communication? Which concrete techniques and tools can I use to achieve this?
Subjects that will be discussed:
- Techniques and instruments to promote cooperation
- Requirements for a healthy feedback culture
- Fostering group dynamics through appropriate discussion techniques
Product Owners in the Scrum Team have to deal with different stakeholder groups (developers, users, management, etc.) in their daily work and often have to mediate between these groups. It is also important to communicate with different experts and to ensure comprehensibility for everyone.
To achieve this, the product owner must always work with feedback, be it about the product, but also on the whole process of collaboration. Obtaining constructive feedback is sometimes a great challenge. It is a matter of clarity, politeness and understanding across disciplines. Furthermore, negotiating skills and conversational skills are needed to influence discussions positively and not to let them get out of hand.
This course will show you how communication works and where we can decisively influence the cooperation with others through suitable strategies. You will get to know communication instruments and practice the application of how we can address people and communicate well even in difficult situations.
- How can we define goals and target groups and communicate with them appropriately?
- What are the criteria for comprehensibility and how can we adapt them to different target groups?
- What feedback and question techniques are there and how do they affect the collaboration?
- Which instruments of discussion and moderation techniques help in the exchange about the quality of products?
- And how can all of this be done online if face-to-face communication is not possible?
- Participants also have the opportunity to bring in their own examples from their everyday life and work on solution strategies for difficult communication situations.
Participants know important techniques and tools to positively influence communication with different stakeholders. They know how to reflect their attitude and their effect on others and are able to apply this knowledge in everyday life.
The course is aimed at Scrum Product Owners and people in similar roles.
Knowledge of the Product Owner role as well as agile principles and values are recommended.