User Experience Designer, UX/UI
100%Hong Kong - Hong Kong
User ExperienceAt Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions. We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
We are looking for an UX/UI Designer to help implement our clients’ vision. You'll be required to explore business and customer problems, and translate them to deliver outstanding, engaging customer experiences. You will work closely with software engineers, project managers, our clients, and their teams.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
Your job will include:
- You will apply your knowledge and experience as a visual and interaction designer in demanding software development projects for our customers.
- You will also be responsible for planning and carrying out workshops on UX topics with development teams and our customers. Zuhlke's values of continuous development and knowledge sharing means that you'll be working with the latest methods and tools to stay up to date with the latest trends.
- From business and user requirements you will develop user flows diagrams, information architecture documents and user journeys to depict the value of enhanced user experience.
- You will conduct user research, usability analysis and user interviews, and will advise on usability issues for our customer projects
- Create low and high fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes to coordinate your concepts with the respective stakeholders.
- You will work lean, openly, and collaboratively within an Agile cross-functional team, whilst exhibiting a strong understanding of the iterative design process.
What you offer
- You have at least 4 years of experience in UX design processes, i.e. user research, requirements analysis, concepts, visual/interaction design and prototyping as well as usability testing.
- You are an experienced leader and a decisive success factor for the agile development process in project teams. This involves close cooperation with various stakeholders, including client representatives, the development team and the project management.
- Startup experience or mentality a plus. Ability to jump in where needed and expand the role.
- You work in agile teams on software projects, planning and designing the user experience for our customers' products
- Comprehensive experience and methodical knowledge in the field of Usability Engineering and User Centred Design is essential in this role. You also have a good understanding of general design principles, accessibility guidelines, and industry trends
- You can find pragmatic and innovative approaches to even the most complex challenges without losing sight of customer needs
- Strong portfolio of native app and responsive design projects that demonstrates your design process.
- You are familiar with common tools for UI design and prototyping: Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin, Azure and any new ones that you can share with us.
- Have the curiosity to stay up with the latest design trends as well as modern technologies. You believe that learning should be intentional and that learning from each other benefits our customers, partners and yourself.
- You feel comfortable working in interdisciplinary teams and want to work in a customer-oriented and goal-oriented manner with both technology experts and business representatives.
- You have a good command of English.
At Zuhlke Asia you get the best of both worlds. You can leverage on the benefits of working in a stable, large, highly reputable company with a long history of success while enjoying the freedom and autonomy of working in a fast-growing start-up environment.
Our slogan is “empowering ideas”, and we believe in empowerment across every part of the business. We believe in empowering each other to take on new challenges and to deliver outstanding work. To do that, we know that we need to provide not only an inspiring environment, but also invest in your professional development. That is why we dedicate 10% of our operating costs into the training budget.
Find out more about us through our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog. Here at Zuhlke, you will see what it is like to work at a company that truly lives by their values of integrity and courage.