Technical Business Consultant
Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, we cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view. For example, you will receive twenty days training per year including a budget to support activities such as conference attendance, our annual technical camp, and participation in focused technical subject teams. We expect our staff to be flexible so we will support you learning any required skills you don't have now.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
Your job will include:
- As Technical Business Consultant you help our clients understand what they really need, and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- You cooperate closely with our clients’ decision makers and product managers to create business value based on the investment in technology.
- Together with our clients you define the business case, create the business model, and develop a product/service strategy.
- You support the client to structure their digital delivery function in order to meet strategic goals.
- You keep product and customer focus, and you get things done.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You sometimes travel to other locations in the UK and mainland Europe.
Skills & Requirements:
- You have rich experience in product strategy & management, innovation management, and in consulting.
- You have a good technical understanding, preferably a technical background, and experience in software development contexts.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, on executive level and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- You can lead teams and manage stakeholders.
- You are resilient, empathetic and proactive. Your working style is self-organised and customer-oriented, from the initial idea to its successful implementation.
- Fluency and a high degree of literacy in English is paramount. Working knowledge of German is an advantage, but not required.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our Shoreditch office.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.