Software Engineer Java/Full Stack
Zühlke is an innovation company and helps corporates and start-ups to turn their idea into customer value and therefore market success. We develop financially successful products, services and business models for today’s digital world – from coming up with the initial idea through to the implementation and operation. We can achieve this by drawing on the experience of over 1000 in-house experts and of more than 10 000 successful projects.
Zühlke Portugal is an attractive employer that offers challenging career opportunities for skilled, highly motivated software engineers. Within the Zühlke Group, we position ourselves as a center of expertise for distributed, agile software development. Together with colleagues in Switzerland, Germany, the UK, Austria, Serbia, Bulgaria, Singapore and Hong Kong we work on challenging software projects involving the latest technologies and variety of known practices.
We are currently looking for highly motivated Software Engineers to join and build our team in Porto.
- work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts in the industry
- family & wellbeing package - family health insurance, adjustable workload (80-100%) and flexible working hours
- personal development plan shaped to your needs
- unique opportunity to make an impact in the early phase of building up a new Zühlke location
- clear career path and defined personal goals with achievement-based career prospects
- projects based in Porto with opportunities to travel or working temporarily at other Zühlke locations
You should have a technical related degree and/or equivalent professional qualification, communicative and openminded personality and be fluent in English (both written and oral).
- strong technical skills in Java ecosystem
- good understanding of database systems
- basic understanding of web technologies
- solid understanding of OOP concepts, design patterns and the ability to express concepts visually (e.g. UML, C4)
- experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- working in an agile team, with a good understanding of the concepts, practical experience
- experience with automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Jasmine or similar
- experience with configuring and using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab or similar
- solving complex problems
- directly communicating with customers and guiding them towards success
- working closely with your local and remote colleagues in agile setup
- creating high-quality solutions while adapting to customer requirements
- being curious, open-minded, and standing by your ideas