Software Engineer for Java Technologies - Focus Backend and IoT
- As part of an agile and motivated team, you will be jointly responsible for the development of sophisticated software projects, also contributing significantly to the technical implementation.
- As a ‘software artisan’, you regard the sustainable design and outstanding quality of your software as key.
- Your work will involve the use of cutting edge software engineering methods and working closely with our customers from various industries in an agile development process.
- Our projects are interdisciplinary and diverse. Your tasks will include working with product owners and colleagues from other disciplines (e.g. business analysis, embedded development, UX), as well as identifying solutions in areas like IoT and big data.
What you should offer:
- You have a technical degree, ideally in the field of information technology.
- You are a Java all-rounder, confident in dealing with architecture concepts and design patterns, and you have wide-ranging technological expertise. You also like to think outside the box and have tried other programming languages, such as Scala, Groovy or Clojure.
- You have a keen interest in current technologies and ideally already have some experience, particularly in the areas of backend development, databases (relational and NoSQL, cloud computing (AWS, Azure), IoT, big data and DevOps (e.g. Docker, Chef).
- You are a customer-focussed team player with a passion for innovative ideas.
- Your fluent German and very proficient English add the finishing touch to your profile.
What we offer:
Recognised as one of the best employers in Germany, Zühlke will support your success with its unique corporate culture. We offer ongoing, high-quality training to further your career. We take an interdisciplinary approach, regularly exchanging information and learning from each other in an environment that values open communication, honest self-appraisal and teamwork. We also offer an attractive benefits package, modern workplaces and a shared passion for giving our best every day!
You can also look forward to
- Work-life balance: we can offer you flexitime, opportunities to work from home, and a 40-hour week. If you happen to work more, you can have the extra hours paid out as overtime or take them off as holiday during less busy periods.
- Working environment: a friendly, professional approach is our top priority. With us, you can expect interdisciplinary collaboration with helpful and committed colleagues. We regularly take advantage of the opportunity for coaching and mentoring.
- Freedom & autonomy: a trusting management style and self-organised teams give you the freedom to make your own decisions, as well as the flexibility to choose your own working methods and the chance to put forward and implement your own ideas.