Senior Software Developer - Java
- As a developer, your infectious enthusiasm and professional attitude make you a role model for your project team. Your team achieves its goals without sacrificing quality and makes difficult, impactful decisions together – and throughout, you make sure that everyone has an equal voice.
- Our projects are agile, interdisciplinary and diverse. You work together closely with product owners and colleagues from other specialisations (e.g. business analysis, embedded development, UX) as well as with our customers from a variety of industries.
- You develop an in-depth understanding of the domains and the requirements of individual projects and you are happy to share your valuable insights with customers and offer them professional advice.
- You have the opportunity to share your knowledge locally with your team as well as internationally with the entire Zühlke Group at internal gatherings, dojos, and technology camps.
- Continuous learning will be an important part of your work: you will have the chance to identify your own development potential and advise individual colleagues on their own professional development.
What you offer:
- You have spent many years devoting yourself to software development and have experience working in an agile project team.
- Software development with one of the latest Java stack frameworks is your passion. At the same time, you have a high level of awareness when it comes to quality and you possess the necessary skills, such as testing at various levels in an agile environment and test automation. Clear, easy-to-maintain code are important to you.
- You have a strong interest in the latest technologies and, ideally, you already have experience with back end development, databases, cloud computing, RESTful API, and big data in particular.
- You know DevOps inside out, and you know how to build, implement, and operate a system.
- You are also familiar with architecture concepts and design patterns.
- Your profile is rounded off with proficiency in German and a very good command of English.
- Family-friendly culture: if necessary, you can arrange to reduce your hours, take unpaid leave or work from home. In addition, we offer care solutions in family emergencies. We also contribute towards the cost of childcare and will give you 10 days’ unpaid leave if your child falls ill.
- Freedom & autonomy: a trusting management style and self-organised teams give you the freedom to make decisions autonomously, as well as the flexibility to choose your own working methods and the chance to put forward and implement your own ideas.
- And if that’s not enough: through our corporate subscription, you’ll also enjoy subsidised public transport in Hamburg with the HVV ProfiTicket. In addition, you can look forward to regular team events such as games nights, plus fresh fruit in the office and much more.
Read our project success stories and get inspired by the Zühlke spirit.