Senior Java Software Engineer
London - United Kingdom
Edinburgh - United Kingdom
- As a Senior Java Software Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need, and build high quality systems tailored to their needs.
- You work on varied projects across different industries and create impactful solutions with a best-in-class user experience.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You'll be a part of our software engineering community and engage in a proactive knowledge exchange and up-skilling initiatives to keep yourself technically sharp and develop your career.
At Zuhlke, we inspire our customers in transforming their visions and ideas into tangible solutions with passion and know-how. Our most valuable asset is our people, we value our people, and we’re working hard to ensure we create the right working environment so that we can all excel at what we do. Working collaboratively and collectively, solving problems for companies around the world, we unleash the power of human creativity and technical excellence. Zuhlke UK
Projects for purpose
We have made it our mission to give our work a deeper meaning. That's why our teams are always focused on creating real positive change for business and society through technology and digital innovation.
We offer a variety of flexible working options to cater to people’s needs. With compressed hours, remote, hybrid, in office and part-time all being viable options dependent on project requirements and specific role expectations.
As one of our top strategic goals, we’re devoted to sustainability. Not only are we net-zero as a business ourselves, but we are also strategically positioning our business offerings in the area of decarbonisation and green energy and to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions.
We have a strong learning culture. 10% of our annual turnover is dedicated to the continuous training and development of our skills and capabilities. We also hold a ‘Zuhlke camp’ annually, where we can learn from each other and have fun!
Diversity and inclusion
For us, diversity means people working together in teams whose uniqueness and differences enable them to achieve the best possible results. We are constantly looking to improve on how best to further diversity and become more inclusive.
Our core values are integrity, courage, customer success, and top performance. We look for individuals who live these values, we encourage each other as colleagues to consistently align with our values and we ensure these values are engrained in all that we do at Zuhlke.
We would love to hear from you, if you have ANY of the following:
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with good knowledge and practical experience of the Java ecosystem
- You have experience with modern SPA frameworks - React and/or Angular - and with microservice architectures.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- Ideally you have already worked successfully in client facing environments.
- Experience in Python is an additional nice to have.
- Expertise in cloud computing, preferably AWS and GCP, is beneficial.
Delivery Environment:Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- We also have current projects using Node, Go and Python.
- Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
- You’re open, proactive, responding to changes quickly and with agility while learning in the process
- You maximise benefit as simply as possible but as complexly as needed
- You recognise and seize opportunities confidently and take an entrepreneurial approach
- You focus on the customer and guide them from the concept phase through to market success
- You’re able to persuade people through clear communication, negotiation skills, empathy and an ability to see things from others’ perspective
- You establish long-term, partnership-oriented relationships and develop and maintain them
- You think and act in the interests of the organisation as a whole and utilise synergies
- You take personal initiative in confronting obstacles and failures, have an optimistic overall attitude and take measures to ensure performance in the long term
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
We work predominantly remotely and with flexible working hours. This may occasionally change due to project specific needs.