What drives us
What drives you
- Here at Zühlke, we solve some of the biggest technological challenges. As an innovation service provider, we work closely with our clients to bring new, exciting ideas to life. Companies come to us with complex, challenging problems and rely on us to create digital solutions.
- When it comes to Embedded Systems, this is a discipline with over 50 years tradition in Zühlke. We are working in fields of Medical, Industrial, Railway and consumer IoT. We develop solutions on various platforms and ecosystems.
What is important to us
- You want to make an impact - Whether software for medical products or laboratory automation systems, fleet management systems for auto-navigating tunnel drills or digital platforms for renewable energies, you’ll get a chance to develop innovative software for embedded systems for our customers and create a great experience for end users.
- You have a growth mindset - building on a comprehensive education offering, you continuously keep up to date with technologies and development practices and apply them in projects to build your expertise. You eagerly share knowledge with your colleagues on a daily basis.
What working at Zühlke is all about
- That you are proficient in C++ and understand that software engineering is more than just programming;
- Practical experience in development of software for embedded systems - for example, around firmware for microcontrollers including integration of electronics, or regarding application and GUI development under embedded Linux or FreeRTOS;
- You will be able to take responsibility for software engineering in interdisciplinary projects, make important decisions systematically and anticipate technical risks;
- You understand the requirements of systems regarding security, safety and quality – and are able to build the system so that it meets them;
- You recognize that enabling others in your team is equally important to solving problems yourself;
- Suitable university degree and/or more than 5 years of experience;
- Fluency in English.
- You will get a chance to work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts (50 % of our employees are seniors/consultants) in the industry. We are committed and looking for engineers who will help Zuhlke bring ideas to life, in other words, this is not a project-based position.
Some of our benefits:
- Possibility to reduce working hours up to 32.5h/week
- Option for condensed working week - you can condense your working hours and spread it across 4 working days
- Hybrid workplace - option to work both from home or office in Porto
- Time and money allocated for your upskilling
- International assignments - opportunity to work and gain experience in other Zühlke location
- 25 days of Annual Leave
- Flexi-time - organize your own working hours according to your daily needs
- Trusted sick leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Top-notch equipment & working with cutting-edge technologies
- Referral bonuses
- Various social Zühlke events
At Zühlke you will feel included.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability.
We communicate openly with each other, assess ourselves honestly and enjoy working a team. We work in a diverse and multicultura enviornment with people from all over the world.
Apply to learn more about this opportunity at Zühlke!
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas. We look forward to receiving your application - see what it is like when you get immediate feedback after every step of the interview process.
80% - 100%