Data & AI
Senior Data Engineer
Are you passionate about software engineering as well as data and AI? As a data virtuoso at the interface between the two disciplines, you will ensure that our customers can exploit the value of their data.
- You develop data platforms and productionize data and machine learning solutions for and with our clients. You support them from the idea to the customized solution and further to the solution’s operation and further development.
- You are the subject matter expert and implement solutions together with an interdisciplinary team of domain experts, software developers and data scientists.
- Your activities at Zühlke are multifaceted - ranging from consulting on data governance, design and architecture to implementation on common hyperscalers products, but also including special solutions.
- You are a key expert in data platforms, keep yourself informed about trends in the market and always keep an eye on current developments.
- Do you see your strength in consulting, or do you feel more comfortable in implementation? Both are a good fit for us. We will be happy to take you along on your first client contact and jointly develop a technical and strategic concept for the data-driven goals, or we will value your ability to translate abstract requirements into state-of-the-art solutions as part of a team.
- You have a university degree (ETH, Uni, FH) in Computer Science/Information Technology, or a comparable education.
- You thrive on topics like big data, massively scalable databases, cloud infrastructures, or distributed algorithms.
- You have a passion for sustainable software development and have already gained several years of experience working in technical roles.
- In addition to your knowledge of Python and the libraries in the Python, data and machine learning ecosystem, you ideally have hands-on skills in technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, RDBMS, NoSQL, Kubernetes as well as DevOps and one other programming language.
- You have experience with large public cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) in the areas of data storage, data processing or data governance.
- Very good English language skills are required for this position. Fluent command of German would be a clear advantage.
You will get a chance to work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts (50 % of our employees are seniors/consultants) in the industry. We are committed and looking for engineers who will help Zuhlke bring ideas to life, in other words, this is not a project-based position.
Some of our benefits:
- Possibility to reduce working hours up to 32.5h/week
- Option for condensed working week - you can condense your working hours and spread it across 4 working days
- Hybrid workplace - option to work both from home or offices in Sofia or Plovdiv
- 25 days of vacation
- Time and money allocated for your upskilling
- International assignments - opportunity to work and gain experience in other Zühlke location
- Trusted sick leave
- 100% paid maternity leave during the first year of maternity
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Pension Insurance
- Food vouchers
- Profit share scheme
- Top-notch equipment & working with cutting-edge technologies
- Referral bonuses
- Various social Zühlke events
At Zühlke you will feel included.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability.
We communicate openly with each other, assess ourselves honestly and enjoy working a team. We work in a diverse and multicultural environment with people from all over the world.
Apply to learn more about this opportunity at Zühlke!
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas. We look forward to receiving your application - see what it is like when you get immediate feedback after every step of the interview process.