Senior Data Engineer
Zuhlke's values of continuous development and knowledge sharing mean that you'll be working with the latest methods and tools to stay up to date with the latest trends.
- You have a technical related degree and/or equivalent professional qualification.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in data engineering, leaving you with proven software development skills and a firm foundation in modern software engineering methods like version control, TDD and CI/CD.
- You have excellent programming skills in Python and SQL.
- You have proven experience in at least one cloud platform like Cloudera, AWS, and GCP.
- You have solid know-how regarding data modelling, schemas, and API development, including REST or GraphQL.
- You have thorough hands-on skills of data engineering tools and frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Redshift, ELK, as well as relational and NoSQL databases. You can provide advice on tool selection.
- You have practical knowledge of container technologies such as Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have practical knowledge of handling varied types of data (text, tabular graph, time-series, geospatial, image etc.) and are familiar with concepts for storing and processing large and/or heterogeneous data volumes.
- You are familiar with business intelligence, data analytics and data visualisation frameworks.
- You have some experience with state-of-the-art data architectures, for example microservices, data lakes and data marts, and managing interdependencies between cloud and on-premise applications.
- You have professional experience working in an agile development environment, preferably Scrum.
- You have strong communication skills and like making decisions.
- You value high quality technical solutions and you want to improve your skills every day.
- Competitive salary and the security of a long-running, international success story.
- Become a part of company that demonstrates a true commitment to work-life balance.
- A clearly defined career growth plan with personal goals and achievement-based career prospects.