Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation. Across the group, we cover digital systems and Internet-connected devices.
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, and we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for.
Your job will include:
- As a QA Engineer you will be taking part in the full end to end testing effort throughout the SDLC
- Working with our clients to instill an Agile testing mindset
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and clients in an Agile environment, embedded in a product development team, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You keep yourself up-to-date within the wider testing community and get things done.
- You occasionally may travel to other Zuhlke locations, e.g. in mainland Europe, for project work
- You have Exploratory Testing skills using Test Charters, capturing testing notes, test reporting and quality reporting
- Experience using modern testing techniques; risk-based testing, tool-assisted testing, session-based test management, holistic testing strategies
- You have commercial experience working in an Agile Environment collaborating with designers, developers, business analysts and product owners
- Comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about the Agile delivery testing needs and the importance of a Whole Team Testing mindset
- Experienced in defect tracking and reporting
- An appreciation and understanding of automated testing, the importance of automated testing for delivering in an Agile development environment and automated deployment via a CI / CD pipeline
- You have curiosity and advanced problem solving skills
- Participate in the wider testing community sharing knowledge and skills externally as well as internally
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our Manchester office.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.