Principal Delivery Manager
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will include:
- As Principal Delivery Manager you will lead programmes delivering high quality products and services that deliver business value for our clients and their customers.
- You will build and develop highly skilled, motivated teams that provide an end-to-end delivery capability from experience design to engineering and operations.
- You will work collaboratively with your colleagues and clients, be it on the client site, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You are responsible for managing and building strong relationships with key customer stakeholders.
- You are responsible for the overall project budgets and will work closely with our engagement managers to ensure commercial success.
- You will track and manage project risks and dependencies and will escalate issues when necessary.
- You will work with our Business Development team to support pre-sales opportunities.
- You will sometimes travel to other locations in the UK and mainland Europe.
- We are looking for a Principal Delivery Manager with a hands-on technical background and an in-depth knowledge of Agile approaches such as Lean Portfolio Management, Continuous Discovery, Lean UX, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, DevOps, and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- You will have experience in starting projects, using techniques such as chartering to set up teams to succeed.
- You have proven your excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills in a range of successful software development projects.
- You have experience in forming and guiding high performance, cross-functional teams, and you handle uncertainty through organisation-wide Agile adoption strategies.
- You have experience in multiple planning and estimating techniques.
- You thrive in managing uncertainty in complex environments.
- You follow goal-oriented and structured approaches for programme management, including preparing and maintaining delivery plans, portfolio and programme backlogs, risk registers, stakeholder maps and RACI matrices.
- You have experience of operating customer-facing digital services in production, including 24/7 incident management within operational SLAs.
- You are familiar with service design, user-centred business analysis, quality assurance and service management.
- You are confident to be a mentor and help grow Zuhlke’s Delivery Manager capability.
And Why Zuhlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.