People Operations Lead
Fixed Term Contract
Remote - 18 month Fixed Term ContractEdinburgh - United Kingdom
London - United Kingdom
Manchester - United Kingdom
Corporate ServicesUp to 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a passionate HR Professional who will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality in all documentation, data and records relating to delivery of People lifecycle processes. You will be doing regular reporting on People KPIs. You will also provide support to the Head of People and the business on ad hoc projects and projects related to Employee Engagement and Employee Experience, Reward Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Learning and Development and Wellbeing. In addition to this, you will be contributing your ideas and identifying areas for process, procedure and service improvement, and deliver improvement changes.
What working at Zuhlke is all about:
At Zuhlke, we inspire our customers in transforming their visions and ideas into tangible solutions with passion and know-how. Our most valuable asset is our people, we value our people, and we’re working hard to ensure we create the right working environment so that we can all excel at what we do. Working collaboratively and collectively, solving problems for companies around the world, we unleash the power of human creativity and technical excellence. Zuhlke UK
Projects for purpose
We have made it our mission to give our work a deeper meaning. That's why our teams are always focused on creating real positive change for business and society through technology and digital innovation.
We offer a variety of flexible working options to cater to people’s needs. With compressed hours, remote, hybrid, in office and part-time all being viable options dependent on project requirements and specific role expectations.
As one of our top strategic goals, we’re devoted to sustainability. Not only are we net-zero as a business ourselves, but we are also strategically positioning our business offerings in the area of decarbonisation and green energy and to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions.
We have a strong learning culture. 10% of our annual turnover is dedicated to the continuous training and development of our skills and capabilities. We also hold a ‘Zuhlke camp’ annually, where we can learn from each other and have fun!
Diversity and inclusion
For us, diversity means people working together in teams whose uniqueness and differences enable them to achieve the best possible results. We are constantly looking to improve on how best to further diversity and become more inclusive.
Our core values are integrity, courage, customer success, and top performance. We look for individuals who live these values, we encourage each other as colleagues to consistently align with our values and we ensure these values are engrained in all that we do at Zuhlke.
Your role includes.
- Contributing to the strategic roadmap of the People Operations department and ensuring completion of operational tasks involved in Personnel Administration.
- Being responsible for the People Operations function as a whole and supervising junior team members
- Supporting and advising our employees and managers along the entire employee life cycle on all personnel administration and employment law issues.
- Creating and implementing policies, employment contracts, creating confirmations and being responsible for the correct implementation of changes in the HR systems and records.
- Being responsible for monthly payroll processing by preparing and checking the relevant payroll changes reports, processing sick leave and parental leave
- Overseeing compensation and employee benefits.
- Overseeing the process of working permit sponsoring
- Being responsible for the background checks on all employees
- Helping shape People Operations work in the future and anticipate trends in your area of responsibility at an early stage.
- You bring your experience to profitable use and contribute actively to the professionalization and digitization of our People operations.
- Experience in implementing digitization projects in the field of People Operations and as a process specialist you know what it means to analyse, design and optimize People processes.
- Strong operational experience throughout the Personnel life cycle and are able to lead and manage others with multiple deadlines whilst engaging and driving projects, and managing day to day work
- Supervisory experience of at least 1 person in some form (whether that’s as a line manager, dotted line, or team lead)
- Advanced excel skills and the ability to use excel to detect and correct errors proactively (e.g. VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables), and for general reporting use
- Experience in using Workday HCM in an operational capacity
- Experience in using SAP HCM
- Proficiency in end-to-end payroll administration and also statutory payments
- Experience and strong knowledge in the process of work permit sponsoring (Skilled Worker Visa)
- Passion for driving forward future topics and you have proven experience in project management. Ideally, you have already successfully completed digitalization and shared services projects.
- Strong proficiency in labour law and social security issues.
- Experience in conducting background checks for employees
- Global Mobility/Employee Relocation topics are not unknown to you and you have experience in the operational handling of secondment processes.
- Excellent communication skills and are very skilled in interacting with demanding stakeholders.
- A very good command of English (written and oral)
- You think analytically, have joined-up thinking and are conceptually strong. You are also characterized by a high degree of assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- You are a proactive, flexible and customer-oriented personality with a pronounced quality awareness and a very precise, independent and result-oriented working style.
- You can impress internal customers with your competent and professional attitude.
- You are full of ideas, positive thinking, you enjoy working in a team and a collaborative and dynamic working environment is important to you.
- You are naturally very detail orientated and meticulous in their work
- You are comfortable working in an environment that is fast paced and can adapt to sudden change where needed
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Fixed Term Contract
Remote - 18 month Fixed Term Contract
Edinburgh , London , Manchester