Lead Software Architect
Zühlke is an innovation company and helps corporates and start-ups to turn their idea into customer value and therefore market success. We develop financially successful products, services and business models for today’s digital world – from coming up with the initial idea through to the implementation and operation. We can achieve this by drawing on the experience of over 1000 in-house experts and of more than 10 000 successful projects.
Zühlke Portugal is an attractive employer that offers challenging career opportunities for skilled, highly motivated software engineers. Within the Zühlke Group, we position ourselves as a center of expertise for distributed, agile software development. Together with colleagues in Switzerland, Germany, the UK, Austria, Serbia, Bulgaria, Singapore and Hong Kong we work on challenging software projects involving the latest technologies and variety of known practices.
We are currently looking for highly motivated Lead Software Architects to join and build our team in Porto.
- work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts in the industry
- family & wellbeing package - family health insurance, adjustable workload (80-100%) and flexible working hours
- personal development plan shaped to your needs
- unique opportunity to make an impact in the early phase of building up a new Zühlke location
- clear career path and defined personal goals with achievement-based career prospects
- projects based in Porto with opportunities to travel or working temporarily at other Zühlke locations
You should have a technical related degree and/or equivalent professional qualification, communicative and openminded personality and be fluent in English (both written and oral).
- more than 8 years of professional experience in Java or .NET software development
- experience in developing and implementing architectures for complex systems
- you are still an active hands-on contributor in software engineering
- your architectural decisions are characterised by non-functional requirements such as performance, flexibility, reliability, ease of maintenance and security
- broad technology skills: familiarity with enterprise technologies, mobile and desktop clients, application servers, cloud architecture, relational and NoSQL databases and knowledge how to integrate with systems outside of your primary interest. In addition, you know paradigms like SOA and BPM and technologies such as REST, Web services and messaging
- developing IT architecture of innovative software solutions and strategic technology consulting for our customers
- overseeing progress of development team to ensure consistency and architectural integrity
- providing technical guidance and coaching to engineers
- working closely with your local and remote colleagues in an agile setup
- creating high-quality solutions while adapting to customer requirements
- being curious, open-minded, and standing by your ideas