Lead Frontend Engineer
London - United Kingdom
Manchester - United Kingdom
At Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions. We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will include:
- As a Software Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done
- You guide and mentor colleagues in projects and in Zuhlke internal initiatives.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Lead Fronted Web Engineer, familiar with modern SPA frameworks, particularly React
- You are able to work at different levels of abstraction.
- You are open to explore and learn about other technologies and ecosystems, such as backend technologies and/or cloud computing
- You value high quality code standards, and your implementation includes best practices with considerations of performance, security, scalability, and maintainability and you want to satisfy your thirst for knowledge of the latest technologies every day.
- You have proven you're very good leadership, communication and client facing skills in various software development projects.
- Our current delivery environments include:
- Mobile: iOS/Swift, Android/Kotlin
- Backend: Java, Kotlin, Python or C#
- Infrastructure: scalable web/cloud architectures (AWS and GCP)
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to keep current with technical, fit-for-purpose trends and make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.