Lead Experience Designer, UX
At Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions. We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with, and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
We are looking for Principal/Lead Experience Designer who specialises in UX design to help design outstanding user experiences for our clients. In this role, you will work closely with design strategists, researchers, UI designers, product managers, developers and our clients to understand business and customer problems and create UX designs which help shape and implement our clients’ vision and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
Your job will include:
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, finding creative ways to solve UX problems in all stages of product design process.
- Creating and communicating design solutions to the stakeholders in a simple, compelling and immersive way using appropriate artifacts.
- Collaborating with design researchers to plan and conduct design research to capture user insights.
- Applying user insights to shape and evolve our clients’ products and services.
- Collaborating with rest of the team, ie UI designers and developers, to implement design solutions.
- Facilitating and leading design sessions remotely and in person.
- Advocating the value of UX design across Zuhlke and ensuring our client projects are rooted in UX best practice.
- Demonstrable experience of end-to-end UX design process, from discovery to delivery.
- Ability to design and produce design deliverables to the required fidelity and polish, eg wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and user journey maps to bring ideas to life, test and validate them.
- Strong understanding and use of best practices UCD methodologies.
- Understanding of accessibility best practice for digital products and services.
- Working knowledge of UX research methodologies.
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic and creative problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to adapt to different UX processes and design tools.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our Shoreditch office.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.