Java Lead/Senior Engineer (NodeJS/Golang/Flutter)
Full-timeSingapore - Singapore
Software EngineeringThe Zuhlke Opportunity.
Thrive in an environment where you can express your passion and enthusiasm for software development and be inspired by your colleagues’ enthusiasm. Our reputation has been built up over 50 years and integrity is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability, and respect.
You can leverage on the benefits of working in a stable, large, highly reputable company with a long history of success while enjoying the freedom and autonomy of working in a fast-growing start-up environment.
As a Java Lead or Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for developing IT architectures, innovative software solutions and for strategic technology consulting for our customers. You will partner with customers from a wide range of industries. In these complex organisations, you take a holistic view on the solutions, integrating the requirements of technical, organisational, and business stakeholders. You will also be a coach and mentor, especially to younger team members.
- After completing your studies in computer science or equivalent related field (bachelor's/master's), you are now a Technology leader with at least 5-6 years of proven work experience and have gained a broad knowledge of different technologies, methods, and architectures.
- Your architectural decisions are characterised by non-functional requirements such as availability, flexibility, stability, ease of maintenance and security; combined with economic aspects.
- On the one hand, you are an expert with Enterprise Java technologies, web-based and desktop clients, application servers as well as relational and NoSQL databases. On the other hand, you know how systems outside the Java area are integrated and are familiar with technologies like REST, web services and messaging.
- In addition to your expertise in Java technologies, you have proven expertise and applied your in-depth knowledge to implement solutions in one or more of the following: Node.js, Flutter, AWS DevOps, Golang, Azure DevOps, GCP DevOps.
- You are still an active hands-on contributor in software engineering with the above; expect that we will require you to demonstrate that your skills are current in the interview process.
- You have experience with Cloud Technologies and are familiar with modern CI/CD practices in both development and production environments.
- You have worked in interdisciplinary teams using a modern and agile approach to software engineering.
- You are willing to actively shape and develop the career of your colleagues.
- You are an experienced leader and a decisive success factor for the agile development process in project teams. This involves close cooperation with the project management.
- You are aware of the concrete effects of your architectural decisions at the code level, and you discuss them with developers.
- You have strong communication skills, and you are sensitive to different requirements.
You will be part of a strong collaborative culture in a diverse team where you will have a sense of togetherness, and a mindset that promotes work-life balance. Committed to empowering you in your career journey, we allocate 10% of our turnover towards learning and development opportunities in the form of focus groups, workshops, and training camps.
We provide you with networked innovation power, with the opportunity to work from any one of our 17 Zuhlke locations for a maximum of 2 months every year, supporting the flights and housing. You can choose to work-without-borders and login from anywhere in the world for a maximum of 3 months every year.
Find out more about us through our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zuhlke Blog. Here at Zuhlke, you will see what it is like to work at a company that truly lives by their values of integrity and courage.