Zuhlke is at an incredible time of growth. Having seen 54 years of success in Europe, Zuhlke leaped to open up its first Asia offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Vietnam with the vision to bring and establish its reputation for high-quality software development solutions. This brings us to 17 offices in 10 countries as of today.
We are looking for a dedicated personality to join our People & Culture team, as our Group Lead Talent and Performance Manager, reporting into Group Head Talent Management. You will be a key player in designing and pioneering innovative, group-wide performance and talent practices that help anticipate future talent/business needs, shape our company culture, and form pivotal enablers of our continued transformation and growth journey.
With us, you are moving at the forefront of digital innovation, and in your role particularly, you are vital in nurturing the mindset and behavior needed to synergize human power with future technology.
As Group Lead Talent and Performance Management, you are an instrumental driver engaging partner to our leaders and talents to ingrain our culture of inclusion, unfolding every Zuhlkee's unique superpower and enabling sustainable customer and society value.
Your role includes
Own, drive and co-create new group-wide performance, succession, and talent management practices in close partnership with global key stakeholders
You will conceptualize, orchestrate and guide our organization around:
- how we define powerful, strategy-aligned performance goals on group, team, and individual level
- how we measure and assess individual impact; run meaningful feedback and performance dialogues translating into growth plans and development activities
- how we identify, calibrate and recognize top performance resp. address low performance across the group;
- how we link performance with talent mobility, project staffing, stretch assignments, promotions, and compensation
Talent and Succession Management
You will conceptualize, orchestrate and guide our executives, leadership teams, and entire organization around:
- how we know, exchange, and take strategic actions on our global talents; how we identify and grow our high potentials, emerging people/thought leaders as well as successors for key positions/profiles/growth areas;
- how we understand and anticipate future needs related to talent personalities, profiles, competencies, and capacity – and what strategies we chose to ensure strong talent pipelines and business success;
- how we take promotion, mobility, and staffing decisions aligning strategic business priorities with talent aspirations
Workday Talent & Performance Landscape
- Take the lead to blueprint a Workday Talent & Performance (Workday is our new HCM core system currently being implemented – ongoing group project) that enables the steering of talent strategies that accelerate people engagement and growth, ensure strong talent pipelines, and address complex and diverse business imperatives
- Define and report relevant talent metrics that facilitate talent mobility and development, boost performance and strengthen our global talent pipeline
- Express curiosity and passion to explore emerging trends in strategic Talent and Performance Management - leveraging the broader ecosystem – and show pioneering spirit to transform those into practical, innovative Zuhlke realities
- Own, evolve, and act as a pivotal driver for integrating our group-wide career and competency frameworks into people and business practices (e.g. talent attraction, promotion, development, performance, project delivery, staffing, consulting, …) to accelerate and anchor our core values, work attitude and expected behaviors deeply in our Zuhlke culture
- Be a proactive, strategic, and hands-on partner to Zuhlke executive teams, leaders, talents, team peers, and People Business Partners across the group to shape a fit-for-purpose talent agenda
What you bring with you
- A Masters's or bachelor’s degree in business, HRM, Organization Development/Industrial Psychology, or other relevant disciplines
- You have 10+ years of progressive experience in a sizable international (service, consulting) company – HR function with at least 5 years of practical experience in strategic talent and performance management and/or organizational development
- Successful track record in initiating and executing Performance Management practices and Talent strategies that deliver tangible short- and long-term business impact
- Demonstrating strategic and systemic thinking to develop concepts and solutions that address multiple, ambiguous, shifting business priorities
- Proven ability to partner and positively influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization with diverging needs, as well as the ability to operate well within a matrix structure
- Strategic visionary thinking, with the ability to operate independently and apply sound judgment to make courageous decisions that keep the business moving forward
- Thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices of strategic performance and talent management, with a focus on the latest best practices
- Experience in a fast pace & global matrixed environment with the ability to operate with a sense of urgency and a laser focus on results
- Energized by the opportunity to actively shape your role and impact, as well as to craft and initiate new, innovative talent solutions
- Inspiring storyteller with excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- You are an open-minded, optimistic leader who thinks in "opportunities and chances" rather than "risks and barriers"
At Zuhlke Asia, you get the best of both worlds. You can leverage on the benefits of working in a stable, large, highly reputable company with a long history of success while enjoying the freedom and autonomy of working in a fast-growing start-up environment. Zuhlke offers you networked innovation power and the security of a long-running, international success story. We support your personal development with professional training, specialized workshops, and active knowledge sharing among experts.