General Manager, Zuhlke Vietnam
Zuhlke is at an incredible time of growth. Having seen 50 years of success in Europe, Zuhlke has brought its top-of-the-line offerings across continents to its Singapore and Hong Kong offices. Following its announcement of the opening of a new site in Portugal late last year, Zuhlke is now taking the next step in its expansion into the Asian market. The Zuhlke Group has just announced the opening of the third Zuhlke Asia location in Ho Chi Minh City, bringing its network up to 16 sites in 10 countries.
Zuhlke Group steadily increased its revenues within the last few years, and the Group also anticipates this growth to continue in Asia. This Vietnam center for software development will be used to provide resources for selected projects run by other Zuhlke offices mainly in Singapore and Hong Kong. Due to this distributed approach to staffing projects and the additional highly qualified software engineers found in Ho Chi Minh City, the company will be able to deliver selected and often ambitious large client projects more efficiently and yet still meet aggressive schedules. Moreover, adding a software engineering center in Ho Chi Minh City expands the Zuhlke Group’s capability as a global solutions provider.
Zuhlke is looking for a General Manager to represent the Zuhlke organization in Vietnam. The person will be the driving force for the establishment to further its successful development and growth of this newest Zuhlke location, ensuring compliance with strong growth, quality, and cost goals for Zuhlke projects. Based in Ho Chi Minh City, this person will provide leadership and management oversight of a competence center for software engineering as a shared service center of the Zuhlke Group.
Reporting to the CEO of Zuhlke Asia in Singapore and aligning with the CEO of Zuhlke Global Delivery Center (GDC) in Belgrade, this person will eventually take over the role from the Managing Director (Expatriate) of the 2021 launch team when he returns to Germany in 2023.
This is a multi-faceted, exciting role where you’ll have a very real impact in building our pioneer team up into a big success story in Ho Chi Minh City. This is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your career with the large amount of responsibility and personal development we will provide.
- Overall responsibility and accountability (profit & loss) for the Zuhlke operating company in Vietnam.
- Grow and establish the GDC in Ho Chi Minh City to deliver high quality software engineering services to the Zuhlke group companies in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Quickly grow personnel to 20 experts (step 1), expand by 20 experts per year (step 2 and ongoing).
- Implement the according processes and operational excellence.
- Establish and enable a mature, stable, and growing business.
- Build the right mix of capabilities, skills, and competencies to achieve high client satisfaction and constant demand from the group companies.
- Based on the portfolio of projects and in collaboration with the other Zuhlke group companies, realize a strong and sustainable utilization of the resources in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Implement a high-performance, service and customer-oriented culture based on value creation, quality, and integrity.
- Achieve competitive transfer pricing for the group companies in alignment with the Zuhlke GDC organization.
- Support winning complex sales of software projects and offerings of the group companies in context of distributed development (nearshore/onshore).
- Be instrumental in the commercial success of projects.
- Provide project controlling with regards to scope, cost, schedule/time, and quality.
- Oversee and implement staff management and business administration: establish managerial accounting, provide financial planning, coordinate legal and escrow (payroll, etc.), manage the office/facility.
- Possesses an academic degree, MBA preferred.
- Has a track record in leading and managing IT consulting and professional services business or is willing to learn this.
- Has established a strong business network to Ho Chi Minh City universities as well as the software engineering community and professionals/talents.
- Has the ability to establish a strong sense of purpose, high standards and a sense of urgency for him/herself and others.
- Possesses an international mindset and cross-cultural management competencies.
- Shows strong business acumen combined with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has the ability to attract and retain top talents and to create an environment where talents thrive.
- Has the ability to position and represent the Vietnamese company (GDC) successfully within the Group to attract business and projects. Ability to build trust quickly and to maintain it.
- Has an excellent understanding of software engineering technologies, practices, and methods.
- Has gained extensive program and project management experience in the context of distributed software development.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in, both, Vietnamese and English.
- Is familiar with the Vietnamese local customs regarding the legal environment, tax, and current regulatory compliance.
Our slogan is “empowering ideas”, and we believe in empowerment across every part of the business. We believe in empowering each other to take on new challenges and to deliver outstanding work. To do that, we know that we need to provide not only an inspiring environment, but also invest in your professional development. That is why we dedicate 10% of our operating costs into the training budget.
Here at Zuhlke, you will see what it is like to work at a company that truly lives by their values of integrity and courage.