Zuhlke Engineering is a global innovation service provider that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. We do this by developing products and services based on new technologies – from the initial vision through development to deployment, production and operation.
Our clients range from governments and the largest multinationals to small start-ups and charities: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve leading both large and small teams, building close working relationships with our clients to ensure that we successfully deliver systems that deliver value and meet their expectations. You will also be looking to contribute to Zuhlke processes and culture, and to grow personally.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover into developing skills and services – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing our skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. Zuhlke also offers a range of tailored complementary training courses, and we encourage all our team members to take advantage of the coaching and mentoring we offer.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits everyone, and we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for.
Your job will include:
- With your distinctive DevOps mindset, you’ll act as a driving force for effective and efficient cooperation between development, operations and quality assurance.
- You will share your passion for DevOps not only with your development team, but also with the customer to create a tangible added value for the project.
- You will be an enabler for your team, assisting them in the shared responsibility of implementing DevOps best practices to support Agile principles such as frequent delivery of value and continuous feedback.
- The development and ongoing optimization of the automation of builds, deployments, testing and monitoring, including building and maintaining any necessary infrastructure for CI/CD tasks such as testing and credentials management.
- Building and maintaining microservice based application platforms using Kubernetes and/or Cloud native services, and developing functionality aimed at supporting cross-cutting concerns such as security, service discovery, API management, etc.
- Along with your team, you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth operation of production and development environments and for resolving issues, including implementing effective monitoring and incident response strategies.
- We offer you freedom to develop your own innovative ideas, create something novel and implement it in your projects - together with a highly motivated team.
Skills & Requirements:
- A clear understanding of DevOps principles and the ability to ensure these are put into practice by yourself and your team.
- Experience taking a lead role in multi-disciplinary teams applying Agile methodologies. methodologies.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Experience using provisioning and configuration management tools such as Terraform or Ansible to build immutable infrastructure.
- Experience building and operating Kubernetes clusters or other container orchestration platforms and working with microservices architectures.
- A good understanding of cloud infrastructure and concepts, and experience with one of the major public cloud platforms.
- Experience with modern application development languages such as Golang, Kotlin, etc.
- Experience using scripting languages such as Python, bash or PowerShell to perform automation tasks and OS administration.
And Why Zuhlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.