Development Engineer Mechanics with focus on Sustainability
80-100%Zurich - Switzerland
Product EngineeringYour task.
- You realize versatile product development and consulting projects around the topic of Ecodesign, Circular Economy and stand up for customer success.
- You provide versatile support in our agile development teams on topics such as:
- Conception and design of sustainable and circular products
- Creating and interpreting Life Cycle Sustainability Assessments (LCSA)
- Carrying out reduction calculations as well as research and analysis of measures
- Consulting regarding standards, regulations, RoHS and REACH compatibilities
- You act competently and advise our customers on a wide range of sustainability issues, from assessments to EcoDesign.
- Together in a team you actively support and initiate the expansion and distribution of know-how around the topic of sustainability.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering (FH/ETH), ideally a Master's degree in Sustainability or Environmental Science.
- Education and experience in industrial environmental performance and circular economy criteria (material controls, recyclability, LCSA, ISO 14040/44, ecodesign, ecological footprint, eco-certifications).
- Enthusiasm and experience in interdisciplinary product development, and design using CAD systems
- A broad knowledge of different manufacturing technologies as well as strong material skills.
- You are looking for the exchange in interdisciplinary project teams and want to work customer-oriented and goal-oriented on sustainable, technical problems.
- You enjoy breaking down complex interrelationships beyond specialist areas and constantly developing yourself further.
- With your personal commitment and enthusiasm, you accompany our customers from the idea to the product, sometimes even on site.
- Are you also business fluent in German and have a good command of English? Then we want to get to know you as soon as possible.
- Unique culture - we communicate openly with each other, assess ourselves honestly and enjoy working in a team.
- Further development – we invest 10% of our turnover in the development of our employees. We help you grow through continuous, high-quality training.
- Knowledge exchange - we have an interdisciplinary approach, culture of knowledge sharing and learning from each other.
- International topic groups – we exchange experience, knowledge and support each other in our further development within our internal communities (such as Data Platforms, AI & Data Science).
- Great workplace – we offer a culture of trust, encourage you to think outside the box and to share your ideas.
- Sustainability - a matter close to our hearts. We aim to ensure that our projects and services are as sustainable as possible and also make our customers more sustainable.