Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, we cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.Your job will include:
- As a Data Engineer you master the big data world and help our customers to make their own data fit for business or operational purpose - whether in the Cloud or in their own data centre.
- You develop, test and monitor distributed data processing pipelines.
- You work closely with data scientists on the development of machine learning models.
- You extrapolate versatile data sets and sources in a performant and repeatable way.
- You prepare performance and cost estimates for various use cases.
- You develop and create compelling dashboards to visualize the processed data.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
- You occasionally travel to other Zuhlke locations, e.g. in mainland Europe, for project work or for developing competencies across the Zuhlke group.
- You have a degree in computer science or mathematics, or a comparable qualification.
- You have a rich experience of professional data engineering experience, implementing projects in industry and services, ideally in client facing contexts.
- You are familiar with big data infrastructures (e.g. Hadoop/Spark ecosystem) and concepts for storing and processing large and/or heterogeneous data volumes.
- You have practical knowledge of handling varied types of data (text, tabular, graph, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.).
- You have excellent programming skills in Python, Java and SQL as well as hands-on experience with databases (relational/NoSQL), containerisation, and Cloud environments such as AWS or GCP.
- You are familiar with business intelligence, data analytics and data visualisation frameworks.
- Information security knowledge is a plus.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our Shoreditch office.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.