Manchester - United Kingdom
At Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions. We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability. Cloud Engineer
Your job will include:
- As Cloud Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud-based infrastructures and cloud-native architectures and applications.
- Devise Technical Documentation as and where required for benefit of the Client and Zuhlke knowledge base.
- Ensure selected development practices and engineering standards are applied.
- Interact closely with lead cloud architects, lead software architects, and principal consultants.
- Regularly support consulting assignments.
- Support recruitment and other Zuhlke activities, like community of practice and training developments.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Cloud Engineer, ideally with a background in software engineering or cloud infrastructures coupled with an in-depth expertise of AWS and/or GCP. Azure knowledge is a plus.
- You have successfully implemented AWS and/or GCP based solutions.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- Ideally you have already worked successfully in client facing environments.
- You have experience in working in strong Agile environments, with focus on building customer-focused solutions in an iterative and incremental way
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- Is often based on AWS and GCP, to a lesser extent on Azure.
- Has Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
We are considering applications from all over the UK, but ask that you’re comfortable to commute as and when needed to one of our office or hub.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
· Being welcome & respected for who you are.
· Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
· Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.