100London - United Kingdom
Manchester - United Kingdom
Edinburgh - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a Cloud Engineer who can help our clients understand what they really need and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs. You will design, implement and maintain cloud-based infrastructures and cloud-native architectures and applications as part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles.
What working at Zuhlke is all about.
At Zuhlke, we inspire our customers in transforming their visions and ideas into tangible solutions with passion and know-how. Our most valuable asset is our people, we value our people, and we’re working hard to ensure we create the right working environment so that we can all excel at what we do. Working collaboratively and collectively, solving problems for companies around the world, we unleash the power of human creativity and technical excellence. Zuhlke UK
Projects for purpose
We have made it our mission to give our work a deeper meaning. That's why our teams are always focused on creating real positive change for business and society through technology and digital innovation.
We offer a variety of flexible working options to cater to people’s needs. With compressed hours, remote, hybrid, in office and part-time all being viable options dependent on project requirements and specific role expectations.
As one of our top strategic goals, we’re devoted to sustainability. Not only are we net-zero as a business ourselves, but we are also strategically positioning our business offerings in the area of decarbonisation and green energy and to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions.
We have a strong learning culture. 10% of our annual turnover is dedicated to the continuous training and development of our skills and capabilities. We also hold a ‘Zuhlke camp’ annually, where we can learn from each other and have fun!
Diversity and inclusion
For us, diversity means people working together in teams whose uniqueness and differences enable them to achieve the best possible results. We are constantly looking to improve on how best to further diversity and become more inclusive.
Our core values are integrity, courage, customer success, and top performance. We look for individuals who live these values, we encourage each other as colleagues to consistently align with our values and we ensure these values are engrained in all that we do at Zuhlke.
Your role includes.
- Devising Technical Documentation as and where required for benefit of the Client and Zuhlke knowledge base.
- Ensuring selected development practices and engineering standards are applied.
- Interacting closely with lead cloud architects, lead software architects, and principal consultants.
- Regularly supporting consulting assignments.
- Supporting recruitment and other Zuhlke activities, like community of practice and training developments.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- Keeping yourself technically sharp and get things done.
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- Is often based on AWS and GCP, to a lesser extent on Azure.
- Has Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
We would love to hear from you if you have ...
- A background in software engineering or cloud infrastructures coupled with an in-depth expertise of AWS and/or GCP. Azure knowledge is a plus.
- Successfully implemented AWS and/or GCP based solutions.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- You have ideally already worked successfully in client facing environments.
- Experience in working in strong Agile environments, with focus on building customer-focused solutions in an iterative and incremental way
- You’re open, proactive, responding to changes quickly and with agility while learning in the process
- You maximise benefit as simply as possible but as complexly as needed
- You recognise and seize opportunities confidently and take an entrepreneurial approach
- You focus on the customer and guide them from the concept phase through to market success
- You’re able to persuade people through clear communication, negotiation skills, empathy and an ability to see things from others’ perspective
- You establish long-term, partnership-oriented relationships and develop and maintain them
- You think and act in the interests of the organisation as a whole and utilise synergies
- You take personal initiative in confronting obstacles and failures, have an optimistic overall attitude and take measures to ensure performance in the long term
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
London , Manchester , Edinburgh