Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
Your job will include:
- As Cloud Architect you help our clients understand what they really need and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- You are responsible for developing cloud-based architectures and applications for innovative software solutions.
- You perform strategic cloud consulting for our customers.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You use your skills and experience to guide and mentor colleagues in projects and to contribute to group-wide initiatives for the continuous improvement of our cloud-based software engineering.
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Cloud Architect with a strong software engineering background and an in-depth expertise of AWS and GCP. Azure knowledge is a plus.
- You have successfully delivered multiple AWS and GCP based solutions as a Cloud Architect.
- You have proven your very good leadership, communication and client facing skills in various projects.
- You are able to work on different levels of abstractions and you can do hands-on work as part of a project team as well as consult clients on cloud-based solutions.
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- Is often based on AWS and GCP, to a lesser extent on Azure.
- has Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.