Business Solutions Manager
100%Edinburgh - United Kingdom
London - United Kingdom
Manchester - United Kingdom
Business DevelopmentThe Opportunity.
As a Business Solutions Manager you’re commercially responsible for the engagements that you manage. You will work closely with the business development function to win new business and are responsible for defining the ideal solution, scope definition, cost estimation and project planning of our proposals.
What working at Zuhlke is all about.
At Zuhlke, we inspire our customers in transforming their visions and ideas into tangible solutions with passion and know-how. Our most valuable asset is our people, we value our people, and we’re working hard to ensure we create the right working environment so that we can all excel at what we do. Working collaboratively and collectively, solving problems for companies around the world, we unleash the power of human creativity and technical excellence. Zuhlke UK
Projects for purpose
We have made it our mission to give our work a deeper meaning. That's why our teams are always focused on creating real positive change for business and society through technology and digital innovation.
We offer a variety of flexible working options to cater to people’s needs. With compressed hours, remote, hybrid, in office and part-time all being viable options dependent on project requirements and specific role expectations.
As one of our top strategic goals, we’re devoted to sustainability. Not only are we net-zero as a business ourselves, but we are also strategically positioning our business offerings in the area of decarbonisation and green energy and to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions.
We have a strong learning culture. 10% of our annual turnover is dedicated to the continuous training and development of our skills and capabilities. We also hold a ‘Zuhlke camp’ annually, where we can learn from each other and have fun!
Diversity and inclusion
For us, diversity means people working together in teams whose uniqueness and differences enable them to achieve the best possible results. We are constantly looking to improve on how best to further diversity and become more inclusive.
Our core values are integrity, courage, customer success, and top performance. We look for individuals who live these values, we encourage each other as colleagues to consistently align with our values and we ensure these values are engrained in all that we do at Zuhlke.
Your role includes.
- Commercial responsibility for your engagements. You will ensure that projects remain profitable while delivering the expected value and solve the client’s true business needs.
- Overall accountability for the management of your engagements. You will oversee the delivery leadership function of your projects and provide a first escalation point after operational delivery management.
- Become trusted advisor for the senior client stakeholders, represent Zuhlke on steering committees and identify potential business opportunities.
- Be involved in pre-sales meetings with business development to understand client needs and be responsible for defining the proposed solution, scope, cost estimates and project plan for proposals and bids.
- Where possible you may assign yourself to your engagements as project manager, consultant or other capacity that is billable to clients.
We would love to hear from you if you have ANY of the following...
- Experience in customer facing engagements
- Experience in managing Agile software development projects
- Technical experience to Senior Developer level
- Experience as a Technical Architect
- Experience as a manager with P&L responsibility in an IT function, ideally in the service sector
- Experience in consultative sales
- Excellent knowledge in applying modern software development processes, such as XP, Scrum, Lean and Kanban are paramount.
- Fluency and high degree of literacy in English paramount.
- Experience in estimating effort, duration and cost for software solutions and projects.
- Experience in risk assessment and management.
- Experience with making sales to complex organisations desirable.
- Experience in product management and Life Cycle Management of products a bonus.
- You’re open, proactive, responding to changes quickly and with agility while learning in the process
- You maximise benefit as simply as possible but as complexly as needed
- You recognise and seize opportunities confidently and take an entrepreneurial approach
- You focus on the customer and guide them from the concept phase through to market success
- You’re able to persuade people through clear communication, negotiation skills, empathy, and an ability to see things from others’ perspective
- You establish long-term, partnership-oriented relationships and develop and maintain them
- You think and act in the interests of the organisation as a whole and maximise our strengths by utilising our global community
- You take personal initiative in confronting obstacles and failures, have an optimistic overall attitude, and take measures to ensure performance in the long term
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Edinburgh , London , Manchester