Business Solution Manager
Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, we cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
What your job will involve:
- You will successfully sell Zühlke’s groundbreaking services and solutions and be responsible for turnover, as well as maintaining and adding to the network of decision-makers and C-level executives.
- You will identify and realise sales potential for Zühlke by recognising market needs and in conjunction with Business Developers and for small engagements potentially alone.
- You will need to ensure that the engagements that you manage deliver against the contract that is agreed with the client.
- You will be responsible for securing a high level of client satisfaction in their engagements, ensure that projects are well managed with respect to cost, quality and schedule and that they deliver the required value to our clients.
- Ongoing dialogue with our customers’ decision-makers and with market experts will help you to recognise trends and innovations early on and to exploit their potential for our accounts.
- You will support our customers from pre-sales to after-sales and take charge of account management for key partners.
- Working within our Customer Solutions organisation, you will take responsibility for the business side of quotes, as well as contract negotiations.
- It is important to impress customers with our solutions at their own sites, so your work will also involve business trips.
Skills & Requirements:
- You have several years’ experience in a similar role, and the necessary skills in the development and implementation of successful sales and marketing strategies, as well as a good instinct for customer needs and creativity when it comes to determining customer enquiries.
- Proven experience working with a variety of Agile techniques to deliver value to customers
- Proven responsibility for account management, market development and selling complex services.
- You have studied a technical/scientific subject and would prefer further study in business or economics.
- You are used to communicating and interacting effectively with decision-makers and stakeholders in your established network.
- You are have launched and supported multi-disciplinary teams understanding their personal drivers and how to enthuse them to deliver.
- As a natural leader, you share your knowledge and setting visions that inspire colleagues through the business.
- Basic legal knowledge and the ability to evaluate complex service contracts and work contracts in line with Zühlke’s risk management
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.