Agile Business Analyst
Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, we cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
Your job will include:
- Helping our clients to build high quality systems that deliver business value.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- Working closely with our clients, you’ll be responsible for turning the project vision and user experience into deliverables the team can implement.
- Getting things done, always maintaining a focus on the ‘why’ for your project.
- Sometimes travel to other locations in the UK and mainland Europe.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for an Agile Business Analyst with a technical background in software engineering and an in-depth knowledge of Agile approaches such as Scrum, Lean, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- You have proven your excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills in various successful software development projects.
- Experience in facilitating workshops using a wide variety of techniques and innovation games like user story mapping and assumption mapping.
- Capturing Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for client requirements, working with developers and QA testers to prepare user stories for delivery, using techniques such as 3-Amigos to ensure a shared understanding.
- Management of the project backlog, including prioritisation with the Product Owner, with user-centred requirements engineering, acceptance criteria and testing charters
- Collaborating with our clients to define and agree the project roadmap, being able to focus on short, medium and long-term goals and value to the client.
- You follow goal oriented and structured approaches for project analysis, coordination and planning.
And Why Zühlke?
✅ Culture of collaboration and teamwork
✅ Variety of impactful and challenging projects
✅ Professional training and development benefits
✅ Strong ethics with a focus on sustainability & inclusion
✅ Sensible work-life balance
✅ Freedom to take over responsibility
Would you like to find out more? Read our Success Stories and join the conversation on our Zühlke Blog.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.