Data & AI
How you spend your time:
As Lead Architect with a flair for Data & AI, you will be the key player in the design, driving decisions & implementation of data-driven platforms & solutions. You act in several roles, but you always apply yourself where your potential shows its full effect:
- You are an Architect - You are responsible to turn requirements into solutions in complex environments and thus contribute to customer success and satisfaction. With a software engineering background, you will lay the foundations for state-of-the-art solutions of demanding data-driven solutions and machine learning projects, be it in the cloud or on-premise. Subsequently, you will outline these to the relevant stakeholders to inspire them and secure their buy-in.
- You are a Thought Leader - You take on the challenge of becoming a thought leader in the field of data platforms and continue to strategically advance the topic internally and externally. Share your knowledge with colleagues, train customers and help develop young talents.
- You are an Entrepreneur - You are an important expert for data engineering projects and thus are active in the development of Zühlke services, position our offer on the market (pre-sales) and prepare offers. In addition, you are familiar with market trends and always keep an eye on current developments.
What's important to us:
- You're able to design and implement the optimal customer solutions in the cloud or on-premise and have a proven track record of managing and working on technical projects
- You're passionate about sustainable, reliable software architecture in the area of data engineering. Ideally, you already have several years of experience in the field of data engineering in building reliable and secure data platform architectures and are familiar with ML Operationalization.
- Thanks to your self-confidence in communication with customers and strong drive and passion, you're striving to take on responsibility in projects and in the further development of our data and machine learning capability. Excellent communication skills at least in English are a prerequisite
- Your architecture decisions are significantly influenced by non-functional requirements such as availability, flexibility, stability, maintainability and security, combined with economic considerations. You know what concrete effects your architecture decisions have on the code level
- You have a technical university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or in a comparable field.
- You want to be the technology polyglot in the field of Big Data - be it Apache Airflow, Apache Beam, Kubernetes, Docker, or relational, column-based or NoSQL databases, stream or batch processing, Python, SQL or Scala, Cloud or on-prem, AWS or Azure.
- You have more than 5 years of experience working in the data and software engineering field
You will get a chance to work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts (50 % of our employees are seniors/consultants) in the industry. We are committed and looking for engineers who will help Zuhlke bring ideas to life, in other words, this is not a project-based position.
Our benefits include:
- Possibility to reduce working hours up to 32.5h/week
- Option for condensed working week - you can condense your working hours and spread it across 4 working days
- Hybrid workplace - option to work both from home or offices in Sofia or Plovdiv
- 25 days of vacation
- Time and money allocated for your upskilling
- International assignments - opportunity to work and gain experience in other Zühlke location
- International topic groups – we exchange experience, knowledge and support each other in our further development within our internal communities (such as Data Platforms, AI & Data Science)
- Trusted sick leave
- 100% paid maternity leave during the first year of maternity
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Pension Insurance
- Food vouchers
- Profit share scheme
- Top-notch equipment & working with cutting-edge technologies
- Referral bonuses
- Various social Zühlke events
At Zühlke you will feel included.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability.
We communicate openly with each other, assess ourselves honestly and enjoy working a team. We work in a diverse and multicultural environment with people from all over the world.
Apply to learn more about this opportunity at Zühlke!
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas. We look forward to receiving your application - see what it is like when you get immediate feedback after every step of the interview process.