A Business Development Director is responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining Zuhlke clients in line with our strategy and goals. You will be responsible for the implementation of the sales strategy to reach defined annual goals and targets.
This role is to be based from our London Office (hybrid model) and will be focussed on the financial services industry, banking and insurance, as part of Zühlke’s FSI market unit. The financial services industry market unit covers banking with a focus on retail-banking, wealth and fund management, and the insurance industry, including life insurance, domestic insurance, health insurance and re-insurance.
We’re looking for a passionate individual with knowledge and experience in the London financial sector, and particularly someone with experience in insurance – both London Market and mainline Insurers, who can help us deliver excellence to our clients and become a role model within the business.
What working at Zuhlke is all about.
we are focused on creating positive change through technology and digital innovation. We are Flexible
, offering a variety of working options to cater to our people’s needs. We pride ourselves on having a Growth mindset
with a strong learning culture and growth mindset - we invest in learning and development but also believe strongly in learning on the job and through mentorship and coaching. Sustainability
is one of our top strategic goals. We are Carbon neutral as a business, and we are strategically positioning our business offerings in decarbonisation and green energy to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions. We care about the work we do. Diversity and inclusion
are also high on the agenda. We are constantly looking to improve and develop, increasing diversity and developing a more inclusive workplace for all
Your role includes. Strategy
Sales and Marketing
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy for financial services industry market unit
- Account management and further development of existing clients
- Acquisition of new customers to expand our customer base
- Define and target prospects for cold calling
- Actively maintain relevant personal network with potential clients, clients, and partners to generate business opportunities and leads
- Identify and evaluate new business partners, relevant for our business
- Support the cooperation with existing business partners
- Take a collaborative approach to defining the sales plan to achieve short and middle term goals
- Collaborate to define and implement the key account and account management activities
- Manage proposals for offered services and projects.
- Collaborate to negotiate contracts and master service agreements
- Manage customer data and record activities in our CRM system
- Collaborate to define & support marketing activities
- Make relevant market observations: compiling up-to-date market and competitor information
- Maintain the corporate identity as a leading service provider in accordance with the Zuhlke Group vision
- Represent Zuhlke in trade organisations and business networks
- Collaborate to further develop offerings for our customers
- Support the financial services industry market unit in defining the knowledge and market direction
- Building the communication bridge between market requirements on the client side and the offerings of the Market Unit.
- Coordination of all sales and marketing activities, ensuring effectiveness.
- Responsible for creating strong pipeline of sales opportunities to reach growth targets in London
- Optimisation of sales activities and weekly update of all sales activities in our CRM system
- Support in the Recruitment & Mentoring of new BD managers
We would love to hear from you if you have the following...
- Sales and marketing experience for innovation, bespoke software delivery and operation services in the Financial Services Industry, both banking and insurance with a specialism in insurance preferrable
- Proven track record of acquiring new customers in banking and insurance in London
- Proven Account Management experience
- Network of C-level and senior contacts at potential client organisations in London
- Strong customer focus and able to co-ordinate between with internal stakeholders to execute and deliver on the sales targets
- Proven networking experience
- Experienced in defining sales and marketing strategies for new and existing markets banking and/or insurance
- Basic knowledge about developing bespoke software solutions
- Basic knowledge about traditional, iterative and agile development
- Domain knowledge in insurance and/or finance
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You’re open, proactive, responding to changes quickly and with agility while learning in the process
- You maximise benefit as simply as possible but as complexly as needed
- You recognise and seize opportunities confidently and take an entrepreneurial approach
- You focus on the customer and guide them from the concept phase through to market success
- You’re able to persuade people through clear communication, negotiation skills, empathy and an ability to see things from others’ perspective
- You establish long-term, partnership-oriented relationships and develop and maintain them
- You think and act in the interests of the organisation as a whole and utilise synergies
- You take personal initiative in confronting obstacles and failures, have an optimistic overall attitude and take measures to ensure performance in the long term
Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.