The potential offered by Microsoft's HoloLens is colossal. For businesses, the major use cases for augmented and mixed reality are:
1. As a product: Integrate AR/VR into your product world. Holographic mixed reality-based digital twins enable products to be experienced directly without wasting money on expensive, time-consuming real-world prototypes.
2. Workflow optimisation: Guided solutions help optimise your employees’ workflows. Voice and gesture control leave both hands free, further maximising workflow efficiency.
3. Training: Mixed reality or VR solutions are a great way of teaching users how to use your products or familiarising staff with new work processes.
4. Remote support and collaboration: Use AR or MR solutions to support field engineers, using remote support to give maintenance and repair instructions. Virtually network different sites, enabling staff from around the world to work together seamlessly in a simulated virtual setting.
5. Sensor/data visualisation: Create a virtual display offering direct virtual access to equipment data.
6. Emotional sales process: Mixed reality allows customers to directly experience products as if they were already built. From whole buildings to exploring different options for major equipment purchases, a HoloLens turns every presentation into an unforgettable experience, making a lasting impression on the customer.
thyssenkrupp devised a digitalised sales process designed to improve efficiency and deliver a revolutionary customer experience. As a trusted advisor, Zühlke implemented the project in record time. (To success story)
Discover the possibilities of Augmented & Virtual Reality!
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
Business Solution Manager