1. Patients become customers
Your patient is online: he or she is better informed and determines his or her therapy/treatment by himself in the future. By already collecting health data to keep track for example of the success of his strength training, he’ll be delivering tomorrow’s medical data such as blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, etc. via wearable devices. These data give healthcare providers such as health insurance and insurance, pharmaceutical & biotechnology and diagnostics companies, laboratories, doctors, hospitals and pharmacies the opportunity to control better the effectiveness of a treatment and to increase the chances of success.
2. Key issues for healthcare companies
- Which are the demands of personalized medicine on the business model of the healthcare providers?
- How can we decisively shape the trend of personalized medicine?
- How can we better adapt diagnosis and treatment to the individual patient?